You may use this website to identify a species that can be used for this discussion: http://www.myfwc.com/nonnatives/
Choose an invasive, exotic organism that is found in Florida that was introduced through natural or artificial means. Plants and animals, land based, freshwater or marine organisms may be used and they must be a species that is established as a reproducing species (i.e. that has successfully produced offspring in the wild in Florida). Tell us about the:
(1) introduction and spread of the organism in the state,
(2) its impacts on native plants and/or animals,
(3) any control or eradication efforts that are occurring.
(4) Based on the video discuss the ethical questions and controversies involved in controlling the spread of nonnative plants vs. animals.
(5) Would the type of animal (insect, fish, reptile, bird, mammal) play a role in determining an appropriate, ethical control method?