Think about your name, including any and all of your names (such as your given name, family name, nickname(s), etc.) and share with the class.
Purpose of this assignment:
This short presentation will give you experience speaking and will give us a chance to know you better.
Read the description of both the speech and outline below–they work together (the outline supports the speech) so it’s helpful to review all at once. Only the outline is due here.
- Your presentation should have three parts: an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Introduce your name with an effective first sentence (attention-getter).
- For the body, use two or three main points (supported by examples/details) to discuss and describe your name (i.e. Who named you? What does your name mean? Do you have any nicknames? Do you like your name? Why or why not? Anything else? Online handle?)
- Please make this your own! You can talk about anything related to your name!
- Conclude with a final thought that you want the audience to remember about you and your name.