I’m working on a communications question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
A researcher thinks that cell phone notifications influence a person’s stress levels. The researcher wants to determine if a person who is receiving cell phone notifications is more stressed compared to a person who is not receiving cell phone notifications.
- What is this scenario’s hypothesis (just copy the words above in bold, that’s it)?
- What is the independent variable (Induction X) in this hypothesis?
- What is the dependent variable (Observation O) in this hypothesis?
- In 7-10 sentences, explain what would happen in this experiment. How would you test this hypothesis? What would the participants do? How would you manipulate (Induction X) and measure (Observation O) the variables?
- Is this experiment a Pretest Posttest Control Group Design or a Posttest-Only Control Group Design? How do you know?