I’m working on a history multi-part question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
First, read the 6th amendment of US constitution —-> https://constitutioncenter.org/media/files/constit…
Then answer the questions
The Sixth Amendment
1) The Sixth Amendment gives a defendant a right to counsel. Explain the evolution of this right in the following cases: Powell v. Alabama(1932), Betts v. Brady(1942) and Gideon v. Wainwright(1963).
2) What did the Court find in the case Duncan v. Louisiana?
3) What did the Court find in Escobedo v. Illinois?
4) How has the Supreme Court define the term speedy trial?
5) What did the Supreme Court rule in Santobello v. New York (1971)?
7) Over 90% of all guilty pleas is the result of plea bargaining. What is the advantage for the prosecutor? What is the advantage for the defendant?